We here at Cryptozoic are excited to release War of the Elements. We’re pumped to introduce new cards into the environment and see what you spell-slingers conjure up. There’s more Stash, heirloom, Goblins, Worgen, and some pretty cool Loot cards for you online gamers. It also marks our first lap around the track, our first year as a company going all the way back to last spring with Wrath Gate. The game is stronger thanks to you and event attendance is up across the board. War of the Elements is the first set we’re going to release simultaneously worldwide, including localized languages. French, German, and Italian cards will all release on the same day as English.
In order to release these languages simultaneously, we’re pushing the release date to April 26th. Our World of Warcraft Trading Card Game community is a global one. Twenty-six different nations participated in our World Cup event last month. Our Organized Play programs can be found in over 50 countries. It’s important that we provide the same experience for a player in Warsaw, Poland as we do in Los Angeles, CA, for example. And all players should be able to share the rush of opening their brand-new booster packs on the same day. In all fairness, players need to be able to access the same content at the same time, and we’re able to make that possible with our War of the Elements release.
How will this affect Organized Play programs?
- Darkmoon Faire Chicago: The DMF will still feature War of the Elements. We’re taking cards straight off the presses, directly and immediately shipping the first packs to Chicago. They may still be warm by the time they get to your hands, sweet like the perfect chocolate chip cookie straight from the oven.
- Realm Championships: There will be no War of the Elements on that weekend and you’ll be playing with the current rules as they stand today.
- Noblegarden Holiday Celebration: This event will be Sealed Pack with War of the Elements.
- War of the Elements Release Party: Release Parties run from that Tuesday (4/26) through the weekend. Stores may run their Release Party during the week or alongside Noblegarden over the weekend.
- Darkmoon Faire Koln: War of the Elements is legal for DMF Koln.
Thank you for your time, understanding, and most of all, your support.
-Cory Jones, President and Chief Creative Officer