Trading Cards – Special Insert Card Contests
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To play without purchase, mail a postcard with your name and return address to (SET NAME), C/O No Purchase Necessary, 25351 Commercentre Drive, Suite 250, Lake Forest, CA 92630. For complete rules, visit: www.cryptozoic.com/NPN. Limit One (1) entry per day, per address. Contest open to US residents only, and void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Contest Description. Cryptozoic creates and offers for sale trading card products (“Product”). These Products may include special inserts. The Official Rules apply to all Cryptozoic Co-Branded Trading Cards. Cryptozoic continuous creates and offers for sale new similar Products. The rules apply to all sets of referenced trading cards. Look for the official NO PURCHASE NECESSARY caption on the Product packaging.
Cryptozoic Co-Branded Trading Card Sets ("SET NAME") include the following:
- The Walking Dead Season One Trading Cards (first release 12/16/2011) - EXPIRED
- The Vampire Diaries Season One Trading Cards (first release 12/23/2011) - EXPIRED
- The Guild Trading Cards Seasons 1-3 (first release 2/28/12) - EXPIRED
- The Big Bang Theory Trading Cards Seasons One & Two (first release 3/23/2012) - EXPIRED
- Smallville Trading Cards Seasons 7-10 (first release 5/30/2012) - EXPIRED
- Fringe Trading Cards Seasons One & Two (first release 6/19/2012) - EXPIRED
- The Walking Dead Comic Trading Cards (first release 7/6/2012) - EXPIRED
- Tarzan 100th Anniversary Trading Cards (first release 8/17/2012) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics The New 52 Trading Cards (first release 9/18/2012) - EXPIRED
- The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 2 (first release 12/11/2012) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics Batman: The Legend Trading Cards (first release 1/1/2013) - EXPIRED
- The Vampire Diaries Trading Cards Season 2 (first release 1/25/2013) - EXPIRED
- The Big Bang Theory Trading Cards Seasons Three & Four (first release 2/13/2013) - EXPIRED
- Castle Trading Cards Seasons 1 & 2 (first released 3/6/2013) - EXPIRED
- Alphas Trading Cards Season 1 (first released 3/28/2013) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics Superman: The Legend Trading Cards (first release 4/24/2013) - EXPIRED
- Fringe Trading Cards Seasons 3 & 4 (first release 5/15/2013) - EXPIRED
- The Walking Dead Comics Set 2 Trading Cards (first release 6/9/2013) - EXPIRED
- Psych Trading Cards Seasons 1-4 (first release 9/11/2013) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics The Women of Legend Trading Cards (first release 9/13/2013) - EXPIRED
- The Big Bang Theory Trading Cards Season 5 (first release 11/25/2013) - EXPIRED
- Revenge Season 1 Trading Cards (first release 12/18/2013) - EXPIRED
- Archer Trading Cards Seasons 1-4 (first release 2/19/2014) - EXPIRED
- The Vampire Diaries Trading Cards Season 3 (first release 3/28/2014) - EXPIRED
- Downton Abbey Collectible Cards Seasons 1 & 2 (first release 4/16/2014) - EXPIRED
- Sons of Anarchy Trading Cards Seasons 1-3 (first release 5/21/2014) - EXPIRED
- Breaking Bad Trading Cards (first release 6/11/2014) - EXPIRED
- The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 3 Part 1 (first release 6/25/2014) - EXPIRED
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trading Cards (first release 7/9/2014) - EXPIRED
- Adventure Time Trading Cards (first release 7/23/2014) - EXPIRED
- Ender's Game Trading Cards (first release 7/30/2014) - EXPIRED
- The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 3 Part 2 (first release 8/20/2014) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics Epic Battles Trading Cards (first release 10/1/2014) - EXPIRED
- Once Upon a Time Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 10/22/2014) - EXPIRED
- Supernatural Trading Cards Seasons 1-3 (first release 11/26/2014) - EXPIRED
- Castle Trading Cards Seasons 3 & 4 (first release 12/3/2014) - EXPIRED
- Arrow Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 1/21/2015) - EXPIRED
- Sleepy Hollow Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 2/4/2015) - EXPIRED
- Psych Trading Cards Seasons 5-8 (first release 2/25/2015) - EXPIRED
- Sons of Anarchy Trading Cards Seasons 4 & 5 (first release 4/29/2015) - EXPIRED
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Trading Cards (first release 5/13/2015) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics Super-Villains Trading Cards (first release 5/27/2015) - EXPIRED
- Penny Dreadful Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 11/5/2015) - EXPIRED
- Arrow Trading Cards Season 2 (first release 11/18/2015) - EXPIRED
- Sons of Anarchy Trading Cards Seasons 6 & 7 (first release 12/23/2015) - EXPIRED
- The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Trading Cards (first release 2/3/2016) - EXPIRED
- Fringe Trading Cards Season 5 Premium Collection (first release 2/17/2016) - EXPIRED
- Supernatural Trading Cards Seasons 4-6 (first release 3/2/2016) - EXPIRED
- Ghostbusters Trading Cards (first release 5/11/2016) - EXPIRED
- The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 4 Part 1 (first release 6/15/2016) - EXPIRED
- The Vampire Diaries Trading Cards Season 4 (first release 6/22/2016) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics Justice League Trading Cards (first release 6/29/2016) - EXPIRED
- The Big Bang Theory Trading Cards Seasons 6 & 7 (first release 7/27/2016) - EXPIRED
- The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 4 Part 2 (first release 8/17/2016) - EXPIRED
- Gotham Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 8/31/2016) - EXPIRED
- The Flash Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 10/12/2016) - EXPIRED
- Outlander Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 11/16/2016) - EXPIRED
- Orphan Black Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 11/30/2016) - EXPIRED
- Arrow Trading Cards Season 3 (first release 2/2/2017) - EXPIRED
- Gotham Trading Cards Season 2 (first release 4/5/2017) - EXPIRED
- The Flash Trading Cards Season 2 (first release 5/24/2017) - EXPIRED
- Outlander Trading Cards Season 2 (first release 8/9/2017) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics Bombshells Trading Cards (first release 10/4/2017) - EXPIRED
- Arrow Trading Cards Season 4 (first release 11/15/2017) - EXPIRED
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow Trading Cards Seasons 1 & 2 (first release 5/9/2018) - EXPIRED
- Rick and Morty Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 6/27/2018) - EXPIRED
- Supergirl Trading Cards Season 1 (first release 9/14/2018) - EXPIRED
- DC Comics Bombshells Trading Cards II (first release 10/17/2018) - EXPIRED
- Outlander Trading Cards Season 3 (first release 2/15/2019)
- Rick and Morty Trading Cards Season 2 (first release 4/17/2019)
- Steven Universe Trading Cards (first release 6/19/2019)
- CZX Outlander Trading Cards (first release 8/14/2019)
- DC Comics Bombshells Trading Cards III (first release 10/25/2019)
- CZX Super Heroes & Super-Villains Trading Cards (first release 11/22/2019)
2. Eligibility. Contest is open to US residents only, and void where prohibited. Rules governing sweepstakes and contests with entry fees and/or prizes are established by individual states. All participants must be at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of participation.
3. How To Play Without Purchase. To play without purchase, mail a postcard with your name, return address, and the title of the trading card set, to Cryptozoic Entertainment, C/O No Purchase Necessary, 25351 Commercentre Drive, Suite 250, Lake Forest, CA 92630.
Limit one (1) entry per day, per address. By mailing the above-described postcard, participant agrees to the terms and conditions of the Official Rules.
4. Selection of Winners/Winner Notification. Each postcard received in compliance with the Official Rules will be entered into a drawing for a chance to receive a special insert card from the specifically requested trading card set. The special insert cards will be drawn at random, once a month, by a Cryptozoic Customer Service Representative.
Only the winners of the special insert cards will be notified. The winners will be notified by mail with delivery of the special insert card. Prizes will be mailed to the address listed on the postcard. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or non-delivered Prizes.
5. Duration. The duration of the No Purchase Necessary option for each set of trading cards will run for one (1) calendar year from the date of first release, or while supplies last. Date of first release can be found in Section 1 above. Please note that this is a limited run collectible product in which NPN is limited by the production run and may vary per trading card set.
All postcards received after the end of the duration will be deemed VOID and will be ineligible for winning a prize.
6. Prizes. The Prize for this contest is a special insert card. Special insert cards vary by Product, and may include a signature card, wardrobe card, sketch card, or other card as developed per Product launch.
Each special insert card has a retail value of no greater than one dollar ($1.00). All taxes, duties and tariff’s on the Prizes are the Winners’ sole responsibility. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning a special insert card are approximately 1:11. Odds reflect the distribution over the entire Product. Odds do not necessarily reflect the odds of winning in each package.
8. General Release and Conditions of Participation. Cryptozoic, each Product’s Licensed partner and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, local advertising cooperatives, advertising/promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, non-delivered, or postage-due submissions of prize entry materials, or any mail. Proof of mailing Prize Claim Materials of any kind or nature does not constitute proof of delivery.
Prize Claim Materials submitted become the sole property of Cryptozoic and will not be returned. Cryptozoic shall not be responsible to correspond with Participants.
9. Publicity Release/Assignment of Rights: Acceptance of any Prize constitutes Participant’s permission for the Sponsor, and each Product’s Licensed partner, to exploit and use Participant’s first name, and location, consisting of city and state only, (collectively, the “Attributed”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sponsor and Product’s Licensed partner from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. CRYPTOZOIC MAKES NO WARRANTIES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND THE SPONSOR ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY.
11. Disqualification. It is the Participant's sole responsibility to ensure that he or she has complied in full with all conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified. The prize will be awarded to another participant according to the provisions in the How To Play Without Purchase section of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Force Majeure: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the contest, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the contest in any way, or stop producing the Product, in its sole discretion. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the contest. Only the type and quantity of Prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision was not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor.
13. Dispute Resolution; Governing Law
Informal Negotiations: To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this No Purchase Necessary, (“Dispute”), you and Sponsor agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute informally for at least thirty (30) days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one person to the other. All notices to Sponsor shall be sent to: Cryptozoic Entertainment, C/O No Purchase Necessary - Dispute, 25351 Commercentre Drive, Suite 250, Lake Forest, CA 92630.
Binding Arbitration: If you and Sponsor are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations and by participating in this contest, each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against the Sponsor arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the contest, the awarding or redemption of Prizes, or the determination of the scope, enforceability or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by American Arbitration Association ("AAA"). YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ABSENT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”). The determination of whether a Dispute is subject to arbitration shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and determined by a court rather than an arbitrator. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except as otherwise provided in this License, you and Sponsor may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
Restrictions to Arbitration Proceedings: You and Sponsor agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between Sponsor and you individually. To the full extend permitted by law, (a) no arbitration shall be joined with any other; (b) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (c) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
Location of Arbitration: Any arbitration will take place at any reasonable location convenient for you, however, if outside of Los Angeles County, California, the arbitration proceedings may be limited to submission of document, by phone or online. Any Dispute not subject to arbitration, or where no election to arbitrate has been made, shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within Los Angeles County, California, United States of America, and you and Sponsor agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Participant in connection with the contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Deleware including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's or jurisdiction's laws.
14. Limitation of Liability. Cryptozoic will indemnify all Product third party Licensors from any claim, dispute, or controversy that arises with respect to the contest.
15. Official Rules and Winner’s List. A copy of the Official Rules may be viewed at www.cryptozoic.com/NPN. In addition, the Winner’s List and these Official Rules are also available by sending a postcard with your name, return address, the title of the trading card set, and the requested Winner’s List or Official Rules, to Cryptozoic Entertainment, C/O No Purchase Necessary, 25351 Commercentre Drive, Suite 250, Lake Forest, CA 92630. Limited to one (1) request of each per household. Winner’s List request must be mailed separately from the Official Rules request and will not be mailed to the requester until approximately three (3) months after the final duration date for the requested set.
17. Sponsor’s Address. Cryptozoic Entertainment, Inc. is located at 25351 Commercentre Drive, Suite 250, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA.
Updated July 28, 2018